Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Composing this week has been a small, dingy hole that I'm finally getting out of. The problem with the small dingy hole is that it was remarkably filled with friends and they were having a party until all hours. I would then climb out of that hole and into another hole that was filled with the persons and requirements from my 9-to-5.

It's a very strange duality. I miss other people in the most literal sense being alone all day. It's as if I'm attempting to hit a bank shot, but the ball goes through the backboard as if it were a hologram.

But, in order to help myself along, the Old Ball & Chain sat down with me this afternoon and we made a plan for due dates during the summer. My first one is going to be the Horace project, which I want to try out with some vocalist friends in the upcoming weeks.

At the moment, though, I'm listening to the neighborhood kids try kick-flips behind the middle school.

No comments: