Sunday, August 20, 2006

mix list link blog binge purge

Because I read John Darnielle, I came across a nice new music blog and the idea of a half year mix. First half of 2006? Here's what I could do:

"Two Young Sheeps" Dirty Projectors
"Cornet Chop Suey" Louis Armstrong and His Hot (Five?/Seven?)
"Cheap Champagne" Georgie James
a song by Growing that I do not own and do not know the title of


Thank god that Growing song is pretty long.

We disappeared to China for a month, which was really wonderful now that I'm home and can think of it from this end. It was also trying and exhausting. As well as wonderful to see friends who make life worth living.

It made me happy to have an iPod there. The Missus and I were at the Terracotta Warriors, outside Xi'an. The audioguide was terrible. For reasons I can't figure (maybe the descriptions of the warriors uniforms?) I had "Venus in Furs" in my head. So we went back in the main hall, lucked out in finding a lull in the crowd, and split the headphones listening to the Velvet Underground and looking at the blank disctinct faces. "I am tired, I am weary/I could sleep for a thousand years." The clay men were two thousand years underground. Pretty neat.

No comments: